Saturday, December 22, 2007

Finding Gratitude


I realized I hardly ever notice what I have to be grateful for -- I’m generally focused on what’s missing, on what I need to get or achieve, on feeling lack instead of fullness. So tonight I will list some of the many things for which I am grateful.

- I’m grateful for the warmth of the little electric heater by my feet; that I am not cold, but warm and cozy even though it’s very, very cold outside.

- I’m grateful for the absolute loyalty and love of my little dog, Max, who follows me everywhere and makes me feel like I have some purpose for being here.

- I’m grateful for my husband and his beautiful guitar playing in the next room. It makes him so happy to play and I love seeing him smile and laugh.

- I’m grateful for the love of my three sons, who love me even after I hurt them deeply by my absence when they were growing up.

- I’m grateful for my friends who have so much faith in me and who encourage me to fulfill my highest potential -- who give me their truth, their love, their time and energy.

- I’m grateful I found the most wonderful photographer, Diane Varner (http://www.dianevarner.com) whose digital photography can bring me to tears of wonder and joy.

- I’m grateful I have the means to eat, to have shelter, to listen to beautiful music, to play with my digital camera and my computer.

- I’m grateful I’ve had all the experiences I’ve had -- the challenges, the imagined suffering and pain, and the opportunity to use these to continue to learn and grow.

- I’m grateful for the time I spent in India at the Rajneesh Ashram and in Oregon at Rajneeshpuram, and for all the amazing people I met and loved, and even those who were the most difficult to be around, for they taught me so very much about myself and my capabilities for forgiveness.

- I’m grateful I found my last spiritual teacher, Gangaji, experiencing THAT in her presence in 1996 and seeing no separation between myself, others, and this planet.

- I’m grateful for my coaching clients, their faith and trust in me and the journey we are on together to create lives of passion and purpose.

- I’m grateful I found the NLP and Coaching Institute of California and Tim and Kris Hallbom -- it changed my life in ways that are still being revealed and rid me of the last vestiges of my attachment to my old stories.

- I’m grateful I have a warm bed to get into now, and great books to cuddle up with as I make my way into delicious sleep.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.